St. John’s CE, Thornham Primary School understands that social media is a growing part of life outside of school. We have a responsibility to safeguard our pupils against potential dangers when accessing the internet at school, and to educate our pupils about how to protect themselves online when outside of school.
The St. John’s Promise:
We are committed to:
• Encouraging the responsible use of social media in support of the St. John’s mission, ethos and values.
• Protecting our pupils from the dangers of social media.
• Preventing and avoiding damage to the reputation of the school through irresponsible use of social media.
• Protecting our staff from cyber bullying and potentially career damaging behaviour.
• Arranging e-safety meetings for parents.
Have a look at the SMART strategies we teach the children and our E-safety Policy below.