We believe that children learn best in different ways, we therefore aim to provide a rich and varied learning environment, which allows children to develop their skills and abilities and to meet their full potential.
Through our teaching we aim to:
- Embed an agreed range of good practice across the school.
- Provide a unified focus for monitoring learning and classroom practice
- Ensure that the needs of pupils are met
- Establish targets for improvement
- Ensure that pupils are receiving a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, meeting the requirements of the national curriculum
- Enhance the professional development of staff.
- Ensure that teaching is appropriately differentiated for all pupils
- Enable children to become confident and resourceful, enquiring and independent learners
- Foster children’s self-esteem and help them to build positive relationships with each other and other people
- Develop children’s self respect and encourage them to respect the ideas, attitudes, values and feelings of others
- Show respect for all cultures and in doing so promote positive attitudes towards other people
- Enable children to understand their community and help them feel valued as part of this community
- Help children grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens
We believe that children learn best in different ways, we therefore aim to provide a rich and varied learning environment, which allows children to develop their skills and abilities and to meet their full potential
For more information about teaching and learning at St. John's go to the key information tab on this website and look at the EYFS Curriculum and National Curriculum. Also have a look in the children's section of this website to find out more about how children learn at St. Johns- Growth Mind-set, Charcteristics of Effective Learning, DeBono's Thinking Hats and TASC.