The Middleton Collaborative, recently renamed Piramidd, is a group of schools working in collaboration to support pupils and their families in the collaborative. It exists to improve educational outcomes for all young people in the area and builds on a history of successful, informal collaborative working between the schools concerned.
Our lotto is-
Piramidd- Partners in raising achievement in Middleton
Schools involved in the collaborative are:
Alkrington Community Primary School
Boarshaw Community Primary School
Elmwood Community Primary School
Hollin Community Primary School
Middleton Parish Primary School
Parkfield Community Primary School
St Gabriel’s C.E Primary School
St John’s C.E Thornham Primary School
Sunnybrow Nursery School
The overarching aims of the collaborative are:
- To provide excellent educational experiences and outcomes, so that all pupils within the Middleton Collaborative attend a school that is at least “Good” or better.
- To provide robust support and challenge for Senior Leaders.
The partnership aims to achieve this through:
- Being honest, open, transparent and professional.
- Improving opportunities and outcomes for all pupils but in particular for vulnerable or under-achieving groups, through early identification, targeted intervention and school to school support.
- Building a culture focused on achievement and aspiration that is ambitious for all pupils and all schools as well as the wider community.
- Improving support, training and career opportunities for governors, leaders, teachers and support staff at all levels, through an enhanced range of networking and training opportunities.
- Committing to a principle where all partners are willing and able to both give and receive support to/from others, for the benefit of all pupils in the collaborative.
- Building an outward looking culture that anticipates change and builds capacity to support schools effectively in a fast changing educational environment.
- Creating opportunities to work together and to operate in a more cohesive way- by running joint projects; implementing buddy working across year groups; maintaining/ strengthening triad working groups.
We are also designing our own logo with a ethos statement linked to it- look out for our website which will be launched in the Autumn term.